Sunday, June 15, 2008

last day on the beach

We had a great vacation in Avon, NC with Dave, Jean and Ruby. Here are the boys with Ruby on the beach the morning we had to leave. We got up early, packed up the car and rushed down to the beach for a last chance walk on the sand and splash in the waves. As many of you know, I love the beach. I dream of having a beach home and spending time there with family and friends. I even have things stored in the garage for my "one day beach home". It's crazy but it is good to dream.


4 comments:

Steele Family said...

So glad you had a nice vacation. The boys are such surfer dudes....:) Cameron got so tan....I agree -I just love the beach.

Muser | Writer | Traveler said...

The kids look like they had so much fun. You will definitely have a beach home. The shore is waiting!

Jessica said...

I searched blogs for Avon, NC, and I found your post. Did the smoke from the wildfire on the mainland bother you during your vacation? I am heading to Avon, NC with my family on June 28th, and my sister has respiratory problems. I want to make sure that she is comfortable. We can't get our money back at this point, but the news reports make it seem like the visibility is very low due to smoke. What was your experience?

Grant Elliott said...

Jess Leigh, the smoke was only bad on one day - the rest of the week we didn't even notice it. I guess it depends on the wind direction. Have a great trip.