Friday, November 14, 2008

Albuquerque Turkey


This morning Jamie came into my room at 6.10am singing Albuquerque Turkey. It was the first time I've heard this song but I could figure out the words he was singing. Then I looked for it online and here are the words.

Albuquerque Turkey

(sung to the tune of "Clementine")

Albuquerque is a turkey
And he's feathered and he's fine
And he wobbles and he gobbles
and he's absolutely mine.
He's the best pet that you can get..
Better than a dog or cat.
He's my Albuquerque turkey
And I'm awfully proud of that.
He once told me , very frankly
he preferred to be my pet,
not the main course at my dinner,
and I told him not to fret.
And my Albuquerque turkey
is so happy in his bed,
'Cause for our Thanksgiving dinner...
We had egg foo yong instead.

We didn't get the full rendition of the song but I'm sure you get the idea.
Since I'm relatively new to Thanksgiving I can see I still have a lot to learn.

1 comment:

Muser | Writer | Traveler said...

Love the song - but not the 6:10am bit :-)