Monday, July 21, 2008

garden surprises

We've had such a hot summer so far with lots of thunderstorms and heavy rain. It's been great for our garden. Grant and I are always struggling to keep our rather large garden looking tidy. We were both surprised with these beautiful lillies. They are my favourite flowers and because it was so dry outside I cut them and brought them into the house. I love the way these flowers smell. They remind me of Hong Kong because they were so popular there and I often had them in my apartment.

2 comments:

Steele Family said...

Such a great picture! I love lillies too- I just sent a dozen to my sister-in-law who recently had surgery. You're right -they smell great!

Muser | Writer | Traveler said...

All the hotels in China smelled like Lillies. You are ucky to have them in the garden!