Friday, March 6, 2009

reduce, reuse, recycle

I'm taking a moment here. This is a photo of bags of baby and kids clothes in our living room. I'm donating them all this afternoon to a local church.  I'm taking Cameron and Jamie with me because we've talked about giving these clothes away to other people who need them.  I had a trip down memory lane as I sorted through everything. Baby clothes are so tiny!

Toys will be one of our next projects but they seem a little more difficult to donate due to all sorts of regulations around paint on toys etc. Any ideas out there?

3 comments:

Muser | Writer | Traveler said...

So tough to give all those little tiny clothes away Miranda!! The toys shouldn't be a problem as they they have delayed the CPSIA regulations until next year.

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

There's a type of consignment store around here that will give me money for many of my clothes and toys. The ones that they won't take I will donate. I'll then put that money in their college savings.

Steele Family said...

That's really nice- so great to teach the kids to give....at matthew's school they have projects to teach them to give...right now he doesn't understand ,but next year i think he will get it a bit more...