Monday, March 16, 2009

lidder

Every morning we have this routine with Jamie when he gets up. He picks out a cup - at the moment it *has* to be the Lightening McQueen cup - and I help him pour his milk and he puts it in the microwave and he presses the right buttons and I get it out for him and I put on the cup lid. There are lots of steps that he wants to do on his own.  There is a new one now - he has decided he is the "lidder". That is the person who takes the lid off the cup and the lid off the milk.  He told me "I'm the lidder but you can help me pour."  Ahh...the independence of an almost 3 year old.

1 comment:

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Too funny! I find that there is so much that I don't let mine do... probably because there's two of them and the chaos that that would cause! Hmmm. I'll have to work some things out!