Sunday, May 18, 2008

the weekend

Jamie had a couple of tough nights but seems to be much better today - hooray! Cameron seems to have missed out on all the illness, thank goodness, so we are a healthy family again today. We had a fun weekend. Cameron went to football class on Saturday with his dad and then we took both boys for a hair cut. Cameron loves getting his hair cut because he gets a lollipop when it is finished - great motivation! Jamie has just discovered lollipops and manages to eat about half before he's finished with it ...which is just fine with me.

Today I had my mothers day present. We went to see Grant's football friend Keith, who is a photographer. He takes amazing shots and has his own studio in Merrifield. He took lots of photos of the boys and of us as a family. They will be so much fun to look back on in years to come. I can't wait to see them! I'll be posting some of my favourites next week when we get them back from Keith. Lisa-Marie is right - Keith rocks!

Grant is back playing football again tonight for the Murphy's team. He misses Mark..awwww. He's also missed a couple of weeks playing football while he's been in Africa so tonight will probably be a killer for him. I'll post tomorrow if he walks to work or needs to be carried.

This coming week is the last week of preschool - oh man! So I'll be running around doing Miranda things before a full summer of the boys. I also have my last dentist appointment on Wednesday. I'm a big baby about going to the dentist but I've been strong and I've had several big appointments recently...last one this week and then hopefully I'll just be getting check ups from now on! Wish me luck!

And if the rain could stop this week that would be fantastic because we have big damp patches in our guest bedroom, the carpet pulled back from the wall and the bed in pieces. There's also a rather unpleasant mouldy smell. Oh joy! Bring on the sunshine and summer!

2 comments:

Muser | Writer | Traveler said...

Glad Jamie is feeling better. Hope the Miranda things include something nice like a manicure and pedicure!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Good luck at the dentist! Summer is long with no preschool. Willy and Abby are going to the summer program.... I can't wait to see the photos!