Sunday, March 16, 2008

Movies

I took Cameron to see "Horton Hears a Who" this afternoon. It was his first movie theatre experience and he was really excited. I told him that he had to whisper during the movie so he whispered the whole time we were inside the movie theatre including hushing me if I spoke to him in a normal voice. We had popcorn and watched the movie. It was far too old for him and I'm sure he was bored half way through....during one scene change he said to me "is that the end mummy?" unfortunately not...another 20mins to go! He loved the "biiiig" screen and the whole experience but next time we'll wait for a more suitable cartoon. Still, it was so sweet being there with him and getting some quality time just the two of us. On the way home I told him that the popcorn could not come into the house and when we got home the popcorn was done. So when I pulled into the garage he told me he wasn't getting out of the car and he'd come into the house soon. "Don't you want to tell daddy about the movie?" I asked him. Then I saw how quickly he was eating popcorn! "eat slowly!" I told him. "You can finish the popcorn then come into the house." Of course Jamie came out into the garage to share popcorn - boys!

3 comments:

Muser | Writer | Traveler said...

What did you think of the movie Miranda? That Suess story is the basis for Seussical. How were Sour and Baby Kangaroo? That was Me and Emmy (the one Emily got nominated for).

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

It must have really been nice to spend some one on one time with Cameron. I don't get to do it very often with the twins, but I love it when I do. Did I tell you that Will is attached to my hip lately? :-)

Grant Elliott said...

Lisa, The movie was good but Cameron didn't follow the story at all...the concept was too difficult for him. The Kangaroos were great and I realised that those are the parts you played in the show. Must have been fun.

Deb, why has Will decided he only wants his mommy?